Thank you for joining us virtually for an evening of entertainment, looking forward, and celebrating the past year of reimagining our space, programming, and organization. Below is the full event video as well as some individual segments including From Armaments to Arts: The History of Building 312 (Parts I & II), MCA's REIMAGINE Online Art Exhibit, and a Conversation with Sasaki & Jared Bowen about our building and the plans for our new renovation.
View Program Book
- Entertainment including a bit of Earfull, performances from Watertown Children’s Theatre and our ASL Ensemble, and a virtual tour through our exciting exhibit of “reimagined” art, new music from Boston-based power pop band JATK, and more
- A look back at the rich history of our 1894 Arsenal building in a documentary short, From Armaments to Arts
- Visits with MCA friends at New Rep Theatre, Flat Earth Theatre, and Boston Midsummer Opera—all with exciting announcements
- An unveiling of the exciting new concept designs for our lobby
- An animated conversation about Sasaki’s designs for the MCA building moderated by Jared Bowen, GBH Arts Editor and host of Open Studio.
Our 2021 Honorees
Mosesian Award for the Arts
A global interdisciplinary design firm, Sasaki infuses all of their projects with an innovative approach, boundless curiosity, and passion for what they do.
Mosesian Community Award
Recently retired after volunteering as the Arts Center’s lawyer for 20 years, Jon has been instrumental in the MCA’s establishment and continued success. Jon has a long history lending his expertise to numerous community initiatives, including the Watertown Preservation Committee.
All donations will sustain our visual, performing, and literary arts programs. Your generous support makes our continued work possible.