Careers & Volunteers
Posted April 22, 2021
The Finance Manager is responsible for all financial transactions and overall cash flow and financial management of the organization, including payroll, benefits, and insurance. The position requires strong bookkeeping skills, financial management knowledge, excellent attention to numbers and detail, and the ability to work independently. The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director (ED) and works with the ED to create and monitor the annual budget, to supervise day-to-day business and financial operations, and to provide finances for grant applications and reports. Monthly financial reporting is made to the Treasurer and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Finance Manager position is part-time, twenty (20) to thirty (30) hours per week.
Like the great majority of nonprofit arts organizations, MCA has lost significant income since March 2020. This role is an opportunity for a finance-oriented professional to join an established, well-respected, and growing arts organization as we reopen and rebuild.
• Perform all accounts receivable functions including invoicing, data entry from the registration system, deposits, and collections
• Perform all accounts payable functions, including timely bill and payment processing
• Process and manage biweekly payroll processing, including vacation and sick time accrual
• Conduct month-end closings and record adjusting journal entries
• Issue monthly financial reports and prepare consolidated report for Board of Directors
• Prepare, analyze and summarize data as requested for grants and other projects
• Remit monthly sales and meals taxes to the state
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Create, manage, and maintain the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Director, including cash flow analysis as needed
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
• Follow accounting policies and procedures
• Perform basic Human Resource duties, including benefits management and new hire processing, and maintain confidential personnel files
• Act as primary liaison with the insurance company and manage the annual renewal process
• Prepare all surveys and questionnaires that may be required by the Federal or State government for statistical purposes
• At least three (3) years’ experience working in accounting or bookkeeping; non-profit or arts administration experience a plus
• Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
• High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient skills in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel
• High level of resourcefulness, initiative, and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• College degree or equivalent training/experience preferred
Salary and Benefits
• Salary range $43,000 to $48,000 (based on 30-hour week) commensurate with experience
• Health insurance (not including dental)
• Three (3) weeks paid vacation (based on 30-hour week) and one (1) week paid sick time
• Twenty (20) hours per week through August 2021; planned increase to thirty (30) hours per week beginning September 2021
• Flexible work schedule, including the opportunity to partially work remotely
Applications and Inquiries
Please submit a letter or email of interest with your resume to Executive Darren Farrington at email@example.com.
Volunteers & Interns:
Posted April 22, 2021
Mosesian Center for the Arts (MCA) is offering a summer internship and mentorship opportunity in communications/marketing. This position is designed for college students, but high school students, graduate students, and others may apply.
Interns will assist with marketing and promoting MCA and its programs (including its in-person summer programming and other events), drafting press releases and other communications, and creating social media and other online content. Other arts administration tasks and responsibilities may be assigned based upon the intern’s interest and experience.
Individual start and ending dates and hours are flexible, but a commitment of at least five hours per week is preferred, as is some in-person weekday daytime availability. In-person and remote work may be combined. Prior knowledge of arts administration, marketing, or communications is not necessary, but punctuality and dependability are essential.
Internships are unpaid and housing is not provided. MCA will cooperate to meet an intern’s needs for possible academic credit or fulfillment of required community service hours.
To apply for this internship, please contact Executive Director Darren Farrington at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume if available.
The internship program is an opportunity for students in grades 6-12 to grow as artists, educators, and leaders. Students will gain real-world experience in the arts and mentorship to best facilitate their growth. Interested students should complete an Internship Application Form. If you would like to send a resume (optional) or you have any questions please email email@example.com.
The teaching assistant program provides mentorship in developing professional skills relating to various aspects of arts education and administration specific to each person’s interests. This is a pre-professional or early-career opportunity. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Please note that experience working with children is required for this position. Interested applicants should fill out the Teaching Assistant Application, send a completed resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our volunteer program connects community members to volunteer opportunities within the organization. Our volunteers contribute significantly to many areas of the MCA including event staffing, teaching assistance, welcoming committee, and ushering. It is a great way to give back to your community! To become a volunteer, please contact email@example.com.