For his outstanding contributions to the Medical and Literary fields, it is our great pleasure to announce that Dr. Atul Gawande, Author of Being Mortal, has been selected as the recipient of the 2017 Charles Mosesian Award for the Arts at the Mosesian Center for the Arts (formerly the Arsenal Center for the Arts.)
As you may know the award recognizes individuals or organizations who exemplify Charles Mosesian’s overarching commitment to the arts community, and will be presented to Atul at our annual benefit, on Tuesday, June 27th.
The Mosesian Center for the Arts community wishes to recognize Dr. Gawande for his remarkable, breakthrough writing that has changed the way many of us look at our lives and the end of our lives. His latest book Being Mortal is on the New York Times Bestsellers list. Aside from being a remarkable human being, Atul is a fun, music loving guy, so the night will be full of great talk, great music and great food. The evening’s celebration which will include a private VIP pre-reception on the Branch Line Patio, an interview style discussion with Atul and athenaHealth CEO Jonathan Bush, fine food from some of our favorite local establishments, drinks, and music by Awaaz Do featuring Saraswathi Jones. It promises to be a wonderful evening of inspiring ideas and great music, celebrating Atul Gawande and the arts.
Join us for an evening of gourmet food, divine drinks, and enlightening conversation as we honor New York Times Best Selling Author and Surgeon Atul Gawande with the 2017 Charles Mosesian Award for Support of the Arts.
- 5:00 – VIP Pre-Reception and private Meet & Greet with Atul Gawande for our most generous contributors at Branch Line patio
- 5:30 – General Event Reception with dinner and drinks at the Mosesian Center for the Art
- 7:15 – An engaging conversation on life hosted by athenahealth CEO, Jonathan Bush and Atul Gawande
- Presentation of the 2017 Charles Mosesian Award for the Arts
- A musical tribute with the International sounds of Awaaz Do featuring Saraswathi Jones
- 8:30 – Dessert Post-Reception
For sponsorship information or to place an advertisement in our program book, please email RebeccaMargolis@mosesianarts.org or purchase online at the links below: